Wednesday, May 12, 2004

A Slow Sleepy Day


There is so much I can write about today. What keeps me from doing so is that I'm so sleepy.

I wish I can go home now. The professor has just left. He is bound for Germany tomorrow. Probably he went home to pack, which I doubt. The missus probably has done it already, like any obedient Japanese wife.

I'll probably head home at about 6:30. By then, my experiment is done and the assitant has also left.

Think about that. He's also going to Germany but he's still here doing God knows what.

I have to see a sleep therapist one of these days. I hope there is one. And if indeed there is, I pray there is one in Japan. I guess sleep is not that important to the Japanese. They rise early and sleep late. Yet they seem to have boundless energy.

They do sleep from time to time though. They do it anywhere. Seated at their lab desk, you see their heads tilted in all directions. Titled forwards, they assume an almost fetus-in-the-womb position yet they remain asleep. These people are really different.

Inside the train, they can sleep so soundly. But during all my time in Japan, I've never heard a snore of a sleeping train passanger. I've seen wide open mouths though. Good thing there are no flies in Japan. Knowing how smelly their breaths are, flies will definitely be lured to approach such odorous caverns. Whether the fly will die upon approach is a question I have yet to find the answer.

It seems I still managed to write a lot. When it comes to the Japanese, there can be no limit of things to write about.

Now I'm less sleepy.

No comments: